Our role is to ensure high standards of achievement for all children in the school by:-
- Setting the school's vision, ethos and strategic direction.
- Holding the Headteacher to account for the educational performance of the school and the pupils.
- Overseeing the financial performance of the school and ensuring money is well spent.
We do not take detailed decisions about the day-to-day running of the school, that is the responsibility of the Headteacher and the leadership team.
We act within a framework set by national legislation and the policies of the Local Authority and in accordance with our Code of Conduct.
We aim to provide all our pupils with the highest level of education enabling them to achieve their personal best, in an environment which is welcoming, safe, happy and where everyone is respected and listened to.
We will strive through challenging the School's performance, exploration and discovery to:
- raise standards for all children, irrespective of their level of ability or special educational needs, ensuring they reach their full potential and are prepared for the ongoing learning journey and life.
- provide a safe environment for all, ensuring buildings and all other assets are kept in good condition and all statutory health and safety requirements are met.
- ensure good value for money within a sound financial strategy and robust and efficient procurement and finance systems
- to build positive partnerships with the school staff and pupils, parents and carers and the wider community.
The emphasis is on active learning in an environment where everyone is kind and looks after one another.
We judge our success by pupil achievement, feedback from parents and the pupils.